This was a major formative work environment. Under the direction of the great Joe Windish, I grew from a fairly lost-feeling college freshman into a capable and constant presence in the university's main student computer lab. A significant portion of my education and maturation happened in the GCSU computer lab.
A short list of the different roles I served:
- Oversaw upkeep, imaging, and regular installation of software for the lab
- Taught or assisted with classes on various software tasks
- Helped with production of dozens of student media projects
- Sound editor on major student documentary
- Helped develop systems for checking out equipment
- Night shift cleaning and upkeep
- General student software and project consultation
- Administrative assistant
Job responsibilities, briefly summarized:Server configuration and administration; Creation/distribution of computer images several times a year with
NetRestore, etc.; Mac Specialist; Media specialist; Constant implementation of new technologies; Lab development;
Student interactions and education.
- Joe Windish
Lead Technical Specialist
for Instructional Support