For three years, I was the Property Manager for 57 apartments in Athens, GA. I worked directly with the owner to learn about the market, and make dramatic changes to policies and conditions at the apartments. Our guiding principle was to always make the best decision for the residents now, and for the 25+ year long-term.
Short List Of Tasks and Accomplishments
- Increased total yearly revenue for the company over 30%.
- Won an ApartmentRatings.com "Top Rated" award in 2012.
- Improved leasing. In the 3 years of my tenure, only one apartment was empty for longer than a month. Most were leased months in advance; by March 2013, we were pre-leased through July 2014.
- Designed and built two iterations of the website at GreenAthens.net. The first version actually got me the job in the first place.
- Converted the entire operation from paper file-folders to an efficient Mac-based computer filing system.
- Implemented applications and scripts to automate and smooth business processes across the board.
- Designed logos, letterhead, forms, etc.
- Photographed the properties for marketing purposes.
- Re-designed all marketing materials numerous times, refining to improve effectiveness.
- Proofed, edited, and compacted the lease for greater clarity, better alignment with actual procedures, and firm legal grounding.